Any recipe I post here has been tried and tested by yours truely. I pull the recipes from cookbooks,
websites, friends or family. Credit will be given where credit is due; nevertheless, I will add in my own
comments and modifications.
Let the adventures begin! Try not to burn yourself.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Greek Salad


There is something about the combination of olives, onion, feta, and lemon that make this salad my personal favorite. A greek salad from Pappadeux is the next best thing to making my own. A traditional greek salad has parsley and bell peppers instead of the lettuce, in my version it's lettuce and no peppers.

-Romaine or Green Leafy Lettuce
-Red onion, chopped into rings
-Kalamata olives
-Crumbled feta cheese

-Sliced cucumber
-Roma tomato, cut into

-Squeeze of fresh lemon juice

Dressing:
Olive oil, 1 part
Red wine vinegar, 2 parts

Freshly ground pepper
Dried oregano (optional)

If you don't want to make your own dressing, this is the brand I recommend: Cardini's Light Greek Vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment